Monday, January 13, 2014

Shameless Girls

I'm not sure my body can control any more excitement after the return of HBO's Girls and Showtime's Shameless. These are my definitely my two favorite shows outside of anything that is reality television (I'm such a sucker). Both premieres expanded the characters I always wanted expanded and kept the others exactly where they should be.





For example, have we ever seen so much Shoshanna in one episode like we did in "Truth or Dare?"Not only did we just see her, but we got to hear what really goes on in her head from eating off a fluffy pillow to being smitten by Adam calling Hannah his best friend. Speaking of, I love that Adam and Hannah are back together but do you think it will last? I hope so but in the world of Girls nothing can stay together for too long (see: Marnie). I've never been quite sure about Jessa because she is such a free spirit that it frustrates me when she is sad or not using rehab to her full potential. I need time for that review.

As for Shameless it was a little bit of a slow start to the season but it can only pick up! I miss Steve/Jimmy already, crave more Lip at home than Lip at school and wish Debbie all the best with her new arcade boyfriend.

I also think the marketing team of these shows are both absolutely brilliant to have the shows available on YouTube. It's good to see companies understanding their target audiences and their bank accounts.


What did you think of last night's premieres?

Also, you go Judd, Jenni and Lena! Read here why.


No comments:

Post a Comment